JOIN OUR TEAM
We are always looking to add talented, client-service focused individuals to our team.
Please complete the information below and we will be in touch in the very near future!
Our company culture is of the highest priority to us and we are seeking team members who bring a similar mindset. If you are interested in applying for a position with us, please take a moment to complete the Culture Index Profile and submit your resume. The Culture Index Profile will tell us much about you and it only takes 7-8 minutes to complete. The Culture Index Profile is not a test, so there is no pass/fail. The purpose is to help our recruiters and managers to understand your personality type and management style.
- Problem Solving
Financial Advisory Services (‘FAS’)
Great Northern Advisory’s FAS Practice is comprised of a dedicated team providing accounting and finance advice to support both public and private companies engaged in a wide range of transactions and events, including but not limited to drafting of Accounting Policies & Procedures, Financial Statement Close Process, Process & Controls Implementation, Purchase Accounting, Technical Accounting, Finance/Accounting Assessment & Design, ERP/Financial System Execution and Finance & Accounting Organization Standup resulting from a Carve out or Merger transaction. We are doers and problem solvers and ensure that we complete the work our clients need to help them solve their problems.
• All Levels • Competitive Salary • Dallas, Texas but serve clients nationallyREAD MORE
Financial Advisory Services (‘FAS’)
• All Levels • Competitive Salary • Dallas, Texas but serve clients nationally
- Prepare financial statements, typically in connection with acquisitions, carve-outs, proposed sale transactions, restatements, etc.
- Perform purchase accounting activities including development of technical accounting memos
- Assist in the design and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures
- Assess and improve financial accounting close process; including accelerating and streamlining monthly and quarterly reporting processes
- Establish and document best-in-class financial and operational internal controls and/or assisting in controls remediation
- Assist with audit preparation
- Oversee and manage financial reporting and operational system implementations
- Assess and design finance and accounting organizational structure
- Bring deep financial accounting expertise and leading practices to engagements
- Manage multiple client engagements at the same time, ensure projects are on track, manage client expectations and perform course corrections when necessary
- Interact and build relationships with all levels of staff within the business
- Assist in growing the firm by identifying and driving business development activities
- Identify and sponsor internal initiatives
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Experienced in advising clients on financial accounting issues
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex work streams while also focused on your single work stream (you are managing and doing)
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- Willing to travel when needed
- Relevant professional experience working in a client serving role at a top-tier public accounting or financial advisory firm, and/or a mix of client service and private industry experience at a senior level
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects at the same time, managing not only client/sponsor dynamics but internal team dynamics as well
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. CPA is a plus
- A strong and up-to date knowledge of US GAAP (exposure to IFRS is a plus), with deep technical understanding of topics such as ASC 606 revenue recognition, ASC 842 lease transactions, purchase accounting, etc.
- Experience preparing financial statements and drafting footnote disclosures
- Experience with carve-outs and restatements is a plus
- Experience performing financial and operational internal control reviews
- Knowledge of performing IT assessments and financial system implementation experience is a plus
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong client service mindset